**updated dates – click here**
A recent memo went out to Verizon’s distribution confirming that CDMA only devices will not work after December 31, 2019. After that date, (Jan. 1, 2020) all devices must be VoLTE and HD voice capable. In addition, beginning July 1, 2018 (this year) dealers will “No longer be able to activate any CDMA data only devices, and any non HD/Volte phone devices, including swaps.”
Therefore, dealers will not be able to downgrade an existing device to 4G LTE/3G rate plans or swap to a 4G non HD Voice phone. Nor can they downgrade an existing data only device to 3G rate plans or a 3G device. Only HD Voice Smartphones and 4G LTE data only Verizon Wireless certified devices may be activated on the Verizon Wireless network. This includes device swaps.
Only HD Voice Smartphones and 4G LTE data only IMEI uploads will be accepted to the Verizon Wireless Device Management Database (DMD).
Verizon states that “…to avoid potential impacts and meet this CDMA decommission date, including, without limitation, loss of service, it is necessary that you continue to plan now and complete this critical technology migration before December 31, 2019.”
Verizon recommends starting now to wind down activations of devices incompatible with Verizon Wireless’ 4G HD Voice and 4G LTE data networks.
If you have customers with CDMA only devices, you will be able to do the following July 31st, 2019:
- Rate plan and feature changes
- MDN changes
- Apply and restore from Hotline and Suspend status
- Restore de-Activations that were made in error, per Verizon Wireless’ requirements
- SIM changes on existing non HD Voice Smartphones Upgrades from CDMA only devices to HD Voice Smartphones and 4G LTE data only devices will continue to be allowed.
- How many different colours are there
- Why are business experiencing digital transformation
- How can one learn about Vedic science
- What are Putins views on communism
- How are old age homes funded
- What prevents influenza
- How powerful is our habit
- What is a formal perspective in art
- Do you eat your children s leftovers
- What is your review of Hibernate Java
- How does an internet speed test work
- Why is Gullyboy Not Earning Any Money
- How is the internship at IIT Patna
- What can kill a white walker dragon
- How do brains degenerate with age
- What if all plants went extinct
- Is KKC College Lucknow a government college
- Why does NASA use gold foil
- What’s the purpose of Valentine
- When is RERA applicable for registration