Those are opposites. Which is it?
well I know they didn't attack the Germans, because they didn't have enough supplies, and the Germans were surrounding them with submarines. So, maybe B?
I don't know. Apparently the Germans didn't do much damage. I lean toward C, but go with whatever your text says.
okay, Thank you for your help.
r u lilly rainbow? :)
1. Read the following passage from The Cay.
Then in the afternoon, we went to Punda and stood near the pontoon bridge as she steamed slowly down St. Anna Bay. Many others had come to watch, too, even the governor, and we all cheered as she passed, setting out on her lonely voyage to England. There, she would help refuel the Royal Air Force.
What does this passage most likely reveal about how the characters view the situation?
They take pride in their effort to support the war against the Germans.
2. Read the following passage from The Cay in which Phillip and his father discuss the arrival of the German submarines.
“They came all the way from Germany?”
He nodded. “Or from bases in France,” he said, loading his pipe.
“Why can’t we go out and fight them?” I asked.
My father laughed sadly and tapped his long forefinger on my chest. “You’d like that, would you? But we have nothing to fight them with, son. We can’t go out in motorboats and attack them with rifles.” What does this passage most likely reveal about Mr. Enright and Phillip?
Mr. Enright understands the dangers of war, while Phillip sees glory in fighting.
3. Which of the following passages from the text best illustrates Phillip’s ability to adapt to his blindness?
I knew it was early because the air was still cool and there was dampness on the boards of the raft
4. Which of the following text examples best supports the conclusion that Phillip’s attitude toward Timothy is changing?
He relies on Timothy to describe what can be seen from the raft.
5. Which of the following events from the story has the greatest impact on the development of the plot in the first section of the novel?
Phillip receives a blow to the head as he attempts to abandon the SS Hato.
6. Choose the meaning that best matches the word in italics. The teacher managed to talk above the drone of the students’ conversation.
7. Which of the following words best describes the political climate of Curaçao in the early 1940s?
8. Based on research about the background of the novel and the author’s life, a reader can predict that the next events in the novel will most likely be about
Phillip and Timothy’s efforts to survive on a deserted island.
9. Which of the following passages from the novel best describes the island on which Phillip and Timothy are stranded?
D’islan’ is ‘bout one mile long, an’ a half wide, shaped like d’melon.
10. Which of the following passages from the text seems most out of character for Phillip?
I don’t think Stew Cat is bad luck… I’m glad he is here with us.
I need help with number 11 and 12
Got a 100
Inprobaly would of had failed
Thanks Willow you saved my life! :)
thx william but number 3 is c not d
Here are the correct answers:
William Tran from Connexus is 100% right
100% CORRECT [ :
willow was the original i dont like to cheat but my sister tested it out and he was correct
Thanks willow you are the best bruh
Thank you willow you helped me out a lot!
I will let everyone know if these are correct.
Willows right i got 100% 👌
Willows right 😎
Willows wrong i got 64% 🤬😡
Willows a liar i got 64%
thanks William i got 100%
your a lifesaver William
willow dont lie about answers its rude
willow was right 100 thx willow
Is unknown correct?
got 100 !!
I dont think unknown 2 is a lier for the answers ill return with feedback.
Unknown 2 and willow are 100% correct i got a 10/10 and that means their correct thank you unknown 2 and willow
i got 10/10 thank u guys
Ok I believe the media. GG fortnite
GUYS!!! This happens all the time to people who give answers. What happened was, Willow HAD the correct answers but, it got updated and the answers switched/ you aren't on the same system. Don't start being rude to people when you don't know what happened!
I neeed help with 11 and 12
PLEASE WE NEED 11 AND 12
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP WITH 11 AND 12 PLZZZZZZ
sooooo what are 11 and 12
Willow and Unknown 2 are correct I got 100% so stop accusing them as liars!
- What is the Finnish school system
- Why is India India
- Why is the Christian God uncreated
- Is calling through Note phones possible
- Are all salts ionic compounds
- What does Ne svisti mean in Russian
- What will Snowden do for money now
- What is the smallest Arduino
- What have been some famous dictators
- How do you spell machine in Russian
- What is your favourite Russian book
- Does low blood pressure cause vertigo
- Do spirits have free will
- Why is a modem used
- Why cant I gain weight
- How old is Ameesha Patel
- What are the biggest myths about Confucius
- What are pearls made of
- Who would like to learn Chinese
- What prevents influenza