The usual dose of flucloxacillin is 250mg to 500mg taken 4 times a day. In children, the dose may be lower.
It's best to take flucloxacillin on an empty stomach. This means 30 to 60 minutes before a meal or snack, or at least 2 hours after.
Try to space your doses evenly throughout the day. For example, first thing in the morning (before breakfast), at around midday (before lunch), late in the afternoon (before tea) and at bedtime.
How to take it
Swallow flucloxacillin capsules whole with a drink of water. Do not chew or break them.
There's a liquid flucloxacillin available for children and people who find it difficult to swallow tablets.
If you or your child are taking flucloxacillin as a liquid, it'll usually be made up for you by your pharmacist. The medicine will come with a syringe or spoon to help you take the right amount. If you don't have a syringe or spoon, ask your pharmacist for one. Do not use a kitchen teaspoon as it will not give you the right amount.
What if I forget to take it?
If you forget to take a dose, take 1 as soon as you remember, unless it's nearly time for your next dose. In this case, just leave out the missed dose and take your next dose as normal.
Never take 2 doses at the same time. Never take an extra dose to make up for a forgotten one.
If you forget doses often, it may help to set an alarm to remind you. You could also ask your pharmacist for advice on other ways to help you remember to take your medicine.
What if I take too much?
Try to take the correct number of doses each day, leaving at least 3 hours between doses.
Taking an extra dose of flucloxacillin by accident is unlikely to harm you or your child.
Talk to your pharmacist or doctor if you're worried or if you take more than 1 extra dose.
- How can science explain religious people
- What are all names of Goddess Lakshmi
- Can little flies make me sick
- How does advertising on Facebook benefit them
- Does my cat copy my actions
- Do some teachers resent gifted students
- Is Dr Pepper an acquired taste
- What is Supermans IQ
- Is government responsible for global warming
- How is Concordia University for industrial engineering
- Why is sherry considered a red wine
- What does the Scorpio zodiac sign symbolize
- Why arent you pursuing your dreams
- How does a scanner work
- What are Android 8 1 features
- What is the pH of sodium bicarbonate
- What should I call a Roman girl
- How does meiosis occur in plants