One day, I grabbed some negatives from an old set of photographs, and showed it to them. They were fascinated, but wondered how you got that thing into a computer in order to see the picture.
In my home, there are 12,000 (legally acquired) songs on various servers in the basement. Music is pulled through the home network and played through a “digital audio receiver,” a computer-like entertainment device that will be common in homes five years out.
That’s why my son commented to his buddy a few years ago, when he was visiting, that he had “some of those things from the olden days,” referring, of course, to CD’s. Since I converted all of my music back in 1997 to digital format, the CD’s have sat in various boxes, packed away, simply a form of backup.
A few months back, I showed them some of my old LP records. That really freaked them out.
I’m serious! We travel a lot, and we’ve been using e-tickets for as long as they can remember having memories.
I had a recent trip that involved an honest to goodness paper ticket, and they thought the red and green carbon paper was really neat. They wondered if they could do some type of art project with it, while I had to patiently explain that it was worth a lot of money, and that we shouldn’t fool with it.
Saturday mornings in our home are “cartoon mornings.” It is the only day of the week that my wife Christa and I will let them “veg-out” for a few hours and watch their favorite shows.
I came down one Saturday morning, only to find both sons with very sad expressions.
“What’s wrong?” I asked. “There’s no data, daddy” said one. “No what?” I asked? He pressed the button for the “electronic program guide” on the TV – we have digital cable – and all the boxes showed the description, “no data.” I guess there must have been some type of hiccup in the system.
I went to the front door, grabbed the newspaper, took out the tv listing section, and said, “here, I’ll show you how we did it in the olden days.”
- How does Alexandria Ocasio Cortez inspire you
- Is Google pixel 3 a fail
- How can the minimum wage reduce poverty
- When is the particles acceleration negative
- Can web design be self taught 1?no_redirect=1
- Whats Trumps worst tweet about Hillary Clinton
- Have you ever dramatically quit a job?no_redirect=1
- What is a forklift
- Why does a chameleon change its color
- Who is the most successful living athlete
- Which is best credit card
- Why does junk food taste so good
- Does mindfulness beat GAD
- What is better eBike or petrol bike
- Is beef steak healthy for you