NEW CANAAN, CT — Lucas Richard McGee has been identified by New Canaan police as the 23-month-old boy who was killed Tuesday morning after he was struck by a vehicle in the driveway of a home on North Wilton Road in New Canaan.
The accident occurred at about 8:40 a.m., but additional details on the circumstances surrounding the crash have not been disclosed.
"Address not being released at this time nor are additional details as the investigation is still ongoing," said New Canaan Police Lt. Jason Ferraro Wednesday evening. The identity of the vehicle's operator also has not been released, and police are not saying whether that individual is a family member or other person.
"The New Canaan Police are asking members of the media to respect the family during this time of mourning," he added. "We ask that you provide them with the privacy and respect they so greatly need during this tragic time."
Lucas was the son of New Canaan residents Conner and Kate McGee. He was born on Dec. 31, 2017, in Stamford Hospital. Click here to read the obituary for "Lukey," as he was lovingly known.
From the original story: New Canaan Police, New Canaan Fire, and New Canaan Emergency Medical Services all responded to the home within minutes of the 911 call to provide emergency medical care to the boy, according to Ferraro.
"The gravely injured child was transported to Norwalk Hospital, where emergency room personnel provided emergency care.
"Despite the valiant efforts of many first responders, and emergency room personnel, the child succumbed to grave injuries," he said.
The ongoing investigation is being handled by New Canaan Police Accident Reconstruction team, and they are being assisted by members of the Wilton and Darien Police Department Accident Reconstruction teams.
"We ask that the entire New Canaan Community put this child and the child's family in their thoughts and prayers," Ferraro said, adding that more information will be released "at an appropriate time."
"We are all grieving as we cope with this tragic loss."
- Who coined the word electronica
- How do I switch accounts on Quora
- Why do onions make people cry
- Can native Mexicans reconquer Mexico
- What is Christian reconciliation
- What drove Mike Oldfield to undergo Exegesis
- Why does increasing extracellular potassium depolarize neurons
- Can MMR vaccine be given to adults
- Why do people go abroad
- What of eventbrite events are free
- How can I earn from writing poetry
- What is an Airport Operations Officer
- What are the difficulties of being human
- Can my present affect my past
- Why do suppliers return goods
- Which Indian startups are hiring PHP developers