We’ve all heard it a thousand times,“You need to forgive and forget.” But is this truly how we feel? When someone really hurts you, do you still want to forgive that person? Forgiving seems almost unnatural, right? Here are a few reasons why you should forgive someone even if part of you doesn't want to.
1. Forgiveness doesn’t mean what happened was OK, and it doesn’t mean that person should still be welcome in your life. Forgiveness just means that you've made peace with the pain, and you are ready to let it go.
2. Forgiveness is not something we do for others - it's something we do for ourselves. Not forgiving someone is the equivalent of staying trapped in a jail cell of bitterness, serving time for someone else's crime. As I wrote earlier, you make the choice to either dwell on the pain cause by others or you want to forgive and move on.
3. Gandhi once said “The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." It takes a strong person to face pain head-on, forgive, and release it.
4. Forgiveness isn’t always about others - it's also about forgiving yourself. Guilt never makes anyone feel better. So always remember to forgive yourself and move on.
5. To forgive someone is the highest, most beautiful form of love. You might just find that you get a sense of peace and happiness in return :)
If none of the above appeals to you, then you might want to take the advice of Oscar Wilde:
“Always forgive your enemies. Nothing annoys them so much.”
- What referral marketing system does Uber use
- Why should I choose Linux
- How can I improve my composing skills
- What is Dubai like
- What is the ACT
- Does data analytics require machine learning
- Why are so many people today cranky
- What smartphones still offer removable batteries
- Whats a guys biggest turn off
- Does a charged balloon emit alpha radiation
- Who sings the song Booty
- Is a facial cleansing brush really necessary
- What is the opposite of consumer tech
- Why cant all bosses be nice
- How do biological and cognitive psychology differ
- What are the best parapsychology schools
- Does Entourage accurately depict life in Hollywood
- What is Tax Preparation Planning
- How do I choose the right Mattress?no_redirect=1