Ziplining enthusiasts can now swish through the skyscrapers in Dubai Marina like Superman.
Taking the adventure activity to the extreme level, the new XLine in Dubai Marina is the world's longest, steepest, and fastest urban zipline.
Measuring one kilometre, with an incline of 16 degrees, and going at an impressive average of 80 kilometres per hour, the XLine follows the other dubai zipline that opened over the Dubai Fountain in 2015.
Building on the first one, the new XLine is double in length and offers daring duos the chance to enjoy the experience together, on two concurrently running ziplines. Moreover, the 'superman-style' harness lets zipliners channel their inner superhero.
Mohammed Javad, general manager of Xdubai, said: "Following the success of the first XLine, we wanted to step it up more than a notch and importantly, give both Dubai residents and visitors the opportunity to have a true-to-form XDubai experience. The result is like nothing else - two zip lines - the world's longest in an urban setting, in one of the world's most vibrant neighbourhoods."
Organisers revealed that adrenaline enthusiasts can zip from one of the Amwaj towers in JBR, 170 metres in the air, weaving through skyscrapers and across the water, down to the terrace of Dubai Marina Mall.
Plus, the new version will also be open to both visitors and residents of Dubai, but for a limited time with public bookings open now. "All those experiencing the XLine will be able to share the experience with the world through a helmet-mounted Go-Pro with photos and video delivered via email after the experience," he added.
With two zip lines running concurrently, XLine can accommodate 16 people per hour.
Individuals will be able to take the leap - or zip - with a friend, family member or colleague. Family and friends of those ziplining will have a great vantage point from the Marina Promenade next to Dubai Marina Mall.
Those wishing to experience the XLine must be aged 12 to 65 years old. Riders under 18 must be accompanied by a legal guardian. Zipliners must be a minimum height of 130cm, weigh 50-100kg, and be in a good medical condition.
Nasser Rafi, CEO of Emaar Malls, said: "Having witnessed remarkable success with the original XLine at The Dubai Mall, Emaar Malls is thrilled to be partnering with XDubai to host a second never-before attraction with the XLine at Dubai Marina.
"XLine will delight its visitors and is a great example of how Dubai is hosting innovative leisure attractions."
- Are there people who are truly alone
- What are promotional tools
- Why is consistency important in design
- What is a Computer Programmer Analyst
- How much do swimmers swim a day
- How is the environment at MANIT Bhopal
- What does odaijini in Japanese mean
- Amy Winehouse had some atelophobia symptoms
- How should I prepare for acting auditions
- When does a hazard become a disaster
- Who benefits by non profit fundraising
- Does anyone live on Devon Island
- Can age wear out a timing belt
- What is the meaning of cultural
- How long do eyelashes take to grow
- What made you change character personality etc
- Can wireless charging cause cancer
- How do I keep my business secret
- Is a BCA tougher compared to engineering
- Can quantum fluctuations destroy a black hole