DNB CET 2019 Eligibility
Updated On - October 17th, 2018
Candidates who possess a MBBS degree approved by the Medical Council of India (MCI) is the major qualification required for DNB CET 2019. The candidates who complete their internship before August 31, 2019 are eligible to apply for DNB CET 2019. There is no specific age limit given by NBE for DNB CET 2019.
National Board of Examinations provides admission to reserved categories: Scheduled Castes (SC), Schedule Tribes (ST), Persons with Disabilities (PWD), Other Backward Classes (OBC). However, the applicants claiming DNB CET 2019 Reservation have to furnish important documents in the format mentioned in the article.
Candidates can apply through the online DNB CET Application Process from November 11, 2019 (tentative) onwards. Candidates have to register, fill the application form and pay the application fee (INR 4500) in online mode.
DNB CET 2019 Eligibility
Candidate must possess a MBBS Degree recognized by Medical Council of India to apply for DNB CET. There is no specific age limit to apply for DNB Programme through DNB CET 2019. The candidate must consider the following points to apply for DNB CET 2019:
- It is important that the candidate has documentation proof of registration with M.C.I./State Medical Council. This document must be brought to examination hall on the exam day and at the allotted counselling center during DNB CET 2019 Counselling.
- Only one application per candidate will be accepted. Registration more than once for DNB CET 2019 June/July exam will lead to cancellation of DNB CET 2019 Application form of the candidate.
Note: Any candidate found ineligible even after clearing the exam will be debarred from the further process.
Candidates with the following certificates are eligible to apply for DNB CET 2019 Exam:
- MBBS degree
- Provisional Pass Certificate recognized as per the provisions of the Indian Medical Council Act 1956
- Candidates must also possess a permanent/provisional registration certificate of MBBS qualification issued by the Medical Council of India/ State Medical Council.
- It is important that the candidate’s MBBS degree must be recognized by the Indian Medical Council Act. If it is found otherwise, then the application of the candidate will be cancelled.
- To apply for DNB CET 2019 exam candidate must complete one year of internship before July 31, 2019.
- Candidates who are completing their one year internship after July 31, 2019 must not apply for DNB CET 2019 as they are not eligible to register and appear for the exam.
- Any requests for appearing in the exam despite not completing the internship before the given date will not be entertained.
DNB CET Course students
- Candidates who are already doing DNB Course will not be eligible to apply for DNB CET 2019 Exam. Such candidates have to complete the duration of the course and apply in the next DNB CET exam.
- The candidates, who had joined DNB- Broad Specialty course in or after January, 2015 will not be eligible to appear in DNB CET 2019. However, this is irrespective of the candidate’s resignation or discontinuation from the course due to any reason.
Qualification Required for DNB CET 2019
The candidates should read the following table which states the DNB CET 2019 Eligibility Criteria required for different specialties of DNB:
|Name of the course||Eligibility Criteria||Name of the course||Eligibility Criteria|
|DNB Anatomy||MBBS+CET||DNB Nuclear Medicine||MBBS+CET|
|DNB Physiology||MBBS+CET||DNB General Surgery||MBBS+CET|
|DNB Biochemistry||MBBS+CET||DNB Obstetrics & Gynecology||MBBS+CET|
|DNB Pathology||MBBS+CET||DNB Ophthalmology||MBBS+CET|
|DNB Microbiology||MBBS+CET||DNB Otorhinolaryngology||MBBS+CET|
|DNB Forensic Medicine||MBBS+CET||DNB Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation||MBBS+CET|
|DNB Pharmacology||MBBS+CET||DNB Social & Preventive Medicine||MBBS+CET|
|DNB General Medicine||MBBS+CET||DNB Health Administration including Hospital Administration||MBBS+CET|
|DNB Pediatrics||MBBS+CET||DNB Family Medicine||MBBS+CET|
|DNB Psychiatry||MBBS+CET||DNB Rural Surgery||MBBS+CET|
|DNB Radio Therapy||MBBS+CET||DNB Immuno Hematology & Transfusion Medicine||MBBS+CET|
|DNB Radio Diagnosis||MBBS+CET||DNB Orthopedics Surgery||MBBS+CET|
|DNB Anesthesiology||MBBS+CET||DNB Emergency Medicine||MBBS+CET|
|DNB Dermatology & Venereology||MBBS+CET||DNB Maternal & Child Health||MBBS+CET|
|DNB Respiratory Diseases||MBBS+CET||DNB Field Epidemiology||MBBS+CET|
DNB CET 2019 Reservation Policy
During DNB CET 2019 Counselling, the candidates can claim or apply through DNB CET 2019 Reservation. The reservations will be provided to Scheduled Castes (SC), Schedule Tribes (ST), Persons with Disabilities (PWD), Other Backward Classes (OBC).
The seats kept aside for Reserved Categories of DNB CET 2019 will be allotted to the respective category only. The candidates belonging to DNB CET 2019 Reserved Categories can choose seats reserved for their categories or from the unreserved seats in order of their merit.
Candidates have to furnish important certificates issued by competent authority as a proof of the reservation claim. Failure to do so may lead to cancellation of candidature. The certificates must be in prescribed formats.
The qualified locomotor disabled candidates claiming DNB CET 2019 reservation under PwD category have to get themselves certified at one of the following Disability Assessment Boards before their dates for DNB CET 2019 Counselling:
- Vardhman Mahavir Medical College & Safdarjang Hospital, Ansari Nagar, (Ring Road), New Delhi-110029
- All India Institute of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Hazi Ali Park, K.Khadya Marg, Mahalaxmi, Mumbai-400034
- Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research, 244 Archarya J.C. Bose Marg, Kolkata – 700020
- Madras Medial College, Park Town, Chennai – 600003
To the above mentioned institutes, the Locomotor Disabled (LD) candidates have to bring the treatment papers related to their disability and investigation reports.
The Candidates claiming DNB CET 2019 reservation under PwD category also have to furnish the prescribed certificate before the date of DNB CET 2019 Counselling.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College
- How is gold leaf made
- What is the meaning of estimate
- How do you built armors for cosplays
- What are some cool mathematical explorations
- What does learning the hard way mean
- How can we create a new universe
- What type of rock is this
- What is a good 5K erg score
- What are SEO and Google AdWords
- How do solve recursive problems
- Could humans have alien DNA
- Does patriarchy affect men too How
- Whats Dwayne Johnsons real name
- Do we need more engineers
- Why don t dogs live longer
- What is RAC in train reservation