Intelligence is no longer defined as just an IQ score!
Intelligence can be defined as how quickly and how efficiently one adapts to his/her environment.
Of course, there is more to it than just "picking up on things" quickly. Human intelligence includes an ability to remember facts or figure out solutions to abstract problems; it also includes emotional intelligence and special skills acquired to near-perfection or mastery. For example, a musician can be skilled on one instrument in such a way that no one else matches.
Intelligence can be displayed in people who act ignorant or immoral; just because someone is intelligent, doesn't mean they "know it all" or can choose the right or socially-acceptable option every time. There are insensitive and cruel intelligent people involved in relationships that can end in divorce, brokenness, or with violence. There are intelligent workers who achieve great things and then blow it all with some "stupid" behavior. This would certainly not be seen as very intelligent. Sometimes intelligent people, near-genius, are very strange when behaving in social situations; they still have a great wealth of knowledge in store.
Intelligence is relative in certain cultural standpoints, but overall it is seen as a standard of how one uses their mind and actively engages their abilities to accomplish great things within their sphere of influence.
More from Wiki Contributors:
- There is no single answer for this. You have to look at the two words individually. To be human is to have characteristics or qualities of mankind. Intelligence is the ability to learn and understand. Now we all know that there are those that have a high intelligence and those that don't. If we could even begin to define human intelligence in one way my guess would be a human that can define the world around them by learning and continuing to learn, understand and continue to understand and also to make advances with that which was learned.
- Are there any equivalents to Google Earth
- Why do some sounds make us uncomfortable
- What does qualitative mean
- How do I earn 200 rupees daily
- If nothing exists does nothing exist
- Why should I learn Hadoop in 2019
- Are straight people becoming the minority
- Can a person be without any hobby
- How do you deal with overbearing people
- Are AirBnB reservations sometimes automatically canceled
- Is subsidised bread a Giffen good
- What is the greatest threat to ourselves
- Which Bollywood movie is this scene from
- Has Facebook lost its popularity
- Why couldnt I pay attention while driving
- How has KFC run out of chicken