National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) Bangalore campus was established in 1986 in Bangalore, Karnataka.
NIFT is known for offering its flagship programs in Fashion Technology and Design viz. B.Des, B.F.Tech at undergraduate level and MFM, M.F.Tech and M.Des at postgraduate level.
- NIFT Bangalore conducts both online and offline application process.
- For admission in B.Des, candidates must have passed 10+2 in any stream from a recognised Board or a 3-year diploma authorised by AICTE.
- Selection of candidates in B.Des is based on the score in CAT (Creative Ability Test) and GAT, followed by a Situation Test conducted by NIFT itself.
- For B.F.Tech, candidates must have passed 10+2 in PCM from any recognised Board/ 3-year diploma in any branch of engineering.
- Selection in B.F.Tech is on the basis of score in written examination of GAT (General Ability Test) and CAT.
- For MFM and M.Des, candidates must possess any graduate degree or a 3-year UG Diploma in relevant subjects from NIFT/ NID.
- Admission for M.F.Tech requires candidates to have obtained a B.F.Tech from NIFT/ BE/ B.Tech from any recognised Institution/ University.
- The selection criterion for M.Des and M.F.Tech is based on the score of CAT and GAT (General Ability Test).
- However, for MFM, candidates need to have valid score in GAT only, which is followed by a GD and PI rounds.
- The institute also provides placement facilities to successfully graduated candidates.
- Leading Retail and Brand companies participate in placements process giving average package of around 4 to 5 lakhs.
Highlights of NIFT, Bangalore Admissions
|Name of the College||National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT)|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Entrance based|
|Application Mode||Offline and Online|
|Name of the Entrance||CAT & GAT|
|Entrance Mode||Offline and online|
Read More: Fee Structure of courses offered at NIFT, Bangalore
NIFT, Bangalore B.Des, B.F.Tech Admission 2020
NIFT, Bangalore offers 5 courses in B.Des and one in B.F.Tech. Candidates who wish to take admission in any of these Fashion UG courses must have passed 10+2 examination in relevant subjects/ minimum 3-year Diploma in relevant branch/ SSSE from National Open School in relevant subjects/ GCE Examination from London/ Cambridge/ Sri-Lanka in Advanced (A) level/ IB.
The selection criterion adopted by NIFT is based on the written examination of CAT (Creative Ability Test) and GAT (General Ability Test), followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview rounds. However, for B.Des, candidates also have to appear for a Situation Test after clearing GAT and CAT.
|Course Name||Specialization||Eligibility Criteria||Selection Procedure||Intake|
|B.Des||Fashion Design||Passed 10+2 in any stream.||A valid score in GAT and CAT, followed by a Situation Test along with GD and PI.||30|
|B.F.Tech||Apparel Production||Passed 10+2 in PCM.||A valid score in GAT and CAT, followed by GD and PI.||30|
- Candidates applying must not be above 23-year of age as on or before October 1.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ OBC/ DA categories are a given a relaxation of 5-year.
- GAT (General Ability Test) is a written (offline) test with 100 multiple choice questions to test the Quantitative Ability, Communication Ability, English Communication, Analytical Ability, General Knowledge and Current Affairs.
NIFT, Bangalore PG Courses Admission 2020
National Institute of Fashion Technology Bangalore campus offers three different PG Courses viz. MFM, M.Des, and M.F.Tech in different fields of specializations. The basic eligibility criterion to take admission in these courses is to have secured a bachelor’s degree in relevant subjects from any recognized University/ Institution.
The selection of eligible candidates is based on the written examination conducted by NIFT i.e. GAT (General Ability Test) and CAT (Creative Ability Test). However, for MFM and M.F.Tech, only GAT score is required, followed by group discussion and personal interview.
|Course Name||Specialization||Eligibility Criteria||Selection Procedure|
|M.Des||Design Space||A graduate degree in any discipline.||A valid score in CAT & GAT, followed by GD & PI.|
|MFM||Fashion Management||A valid score in GAT along with group discussion and personal interview.|
|M.F.Tech||Fashion Technology||A B.F.Tech/ BE/ B/Tech degree|
- There is no upper age limit for candidates applying in PG courses.
- The candidates appeared in the final year of the qualifying examinations are also eligible to apply.
- The total intake of candidates in MFM and M.F.Tech is 30 and 25 respectively.
NIFT, Bangalore Application Process 2020
Candidates looking for taking admission in National Institute of Fashion Technology can apply both online and offline. To apply for admission in the institute, candidates must follow the following steps –
For Online –
- Visit the official website of NIFT and click on ‘Admission’ on the Home page.
- Create a login id and password to open the online application form.
- Fill the application form carefully.
- Documents required for online submission –
- Educational qualification details
- Caste Certificate, if applicable
- Disability Certificate, if any
- Scanned image of a recent passport sized photograph (jpg) not exceeding 50KB
- Scanned image of signature with Black ink (jpg) not exceeding 50KB
- Submit the form by paying INR 1500 (for General/ OBC) and INR 750 (for SC/ ST/ DA) online via Credit Card/ Debit Card.
For Offline –
- Take a print out of the completely filled online application form.
- Affix passport sized photograph on the designated places in the form.
- Attach the documents, listed below –
- Demand Draft of INR 1500 (for General/ OBC) and INR 750 (for SC/ ST/ DA) in favour of ‘NIFT HO’, payable at New Delhi.
- 10th & 10+2-mark sheet and passing certificate
- Diploma, if any
- Caste Certificate, if applicable
- Differently abled certificate, if any
- Send the complete application form along with attachments at –
Project Manager - CMS All India Management Association Management House,
14, Institutional Area, Lodhi Road
New Delhi - 110003
Note – Candidates must carry the original documents along at the time of GD and PI.
NIFT, Bangalore Reservation 2020
The institute has reserved seats for SC/ ST/ OBC/ PD/ Foreign Nationals/ SAARC/ NRI/ State Domicile categories in each course as per the norms of the State and Central Government.
|Categories||Reservations of Seats (in % age)|
|Physically Disabled/ Differently abled||3% horizontal reservations cutting across all categories i.e. General/ SC/ ST/ OBC (with 40% of more disability)|
|Foreign Nationals/ SAARC/ NRI||15%|
Note – The category filled by the candidates in the application form once cannot be changes later.
|Online Registration||20 Oct - 29 Dec, 2019|
|Written Entrance Examination for all UG & PG Programs||21 Jan, 2020|
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College
- Is Judaism as violent as Islam
- Which is best credit card
- Does a computer exist unto itself
- What is diffeomorphic dimensionality reduction
- What states can you bait bears
- What is your opinion about civil service
- How do I prevent stress forever
- How do you read a vernier scale
- What continent is Cyprus
- Who can learn faster about cyber security
- What are Korean soaps or serials like
- Is Galgotias University over hyped
- What distinguishes good from great photography
- Do other animals experience incestrial mutations
- What is the NFL schedule for 2017
- 92 Cowboys vs 78 Steelers