New Tools For Detecting and Treating Pancreatic Cancer
The Pancreatic Cancer Collective, the strategic partnership of Lustgarten Foundation and Stand Up To Cancer (SU2C) is funding two new million-dollar grants for computational approaches to identifying high-risk pancreatic cancer populations. The grant money will be used to develop new ways of identifying people who are at high risk for developing pancreatic cancer that will be based on their health records.
Artificial intelligence (AI) is a term that refers to machines that are programmed to mimic human reasoning. The goal of AI is to learn from failure and be able to provide the best recommendation for a specific subject. Whether it be solving equations, finding the best treatment options for cancer patients, or aiding in vehicle autonomy, AI is becoming a powerful resource across multiple industries.
“From diagnosing pancreatic cancer to determining which treatment approach may be best for each patient, we believe the field of AI holds great promise for patients and their families,” stated David A. Tuveson, MD, PhD, Lustgarten’s chief scientist, director of the Cancer Center at Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory and co-scientific leader of the Collective.
The two teams will each pursue a different approach to identifying individuals in the general population who are at high risk for pancreatic cancer. One will use molecular and genetic data taken from a variety of datasets to identify new and accessible ways to identify high-risk individuals. The other focuses on identification of high-risk individuals by applying machine learning analysis to real world data comprising radiological images, electronic medical records, and information collected by physicians. Each team will receive up to $1 million over two years.
- Why should I buy a Vivo S5
- What is the cause of charge
- How are Mexicans illegal
- In which script Bajjika language is written
- Is any question repeated in ICSE
- Why is Malaysia so obsessed with Singapore
- How is nuclear fusion created
- Why were the Olympics held in Sochi
- What are the best IDE web applications
- What ions exist in hydrochloric acid
- Is the contemporary term boomer ageist
- How powerful is virtual reality
- Who taxes exports
- Asana Vs Casecamp
- Must a student take notes
- Why do protesters block streets and highways
- Would you ask your crush out