Though air fresheners are intended to help your vehicle or home smell nice, it is possible to go completely overboard and use too much. If this happens, the smell can seem overpowering and that can make travelling in your car unpleasant. If you want the smell gone, it's more of a time consuming task than it is a difficult one. With a little effort, your vehicle can once again be fragrance free.
Clean out the interior of the car and dispose of all trash. Remove any blankets or seat coverings so you can wash them to help get the odor out of them. Read the care label or instructions before washing.
Vacuum out the interior of the vehicle to remove any dirt or debris that may also be hanging onto the smell. If you don't own a shop vac, you can usually find one at a gas station or car wash.
Fill a bucket half full and add a cup of white vinegar for every 2 cups of water.
Add a large scoop of baking soda to the bucket. This will cause it to fizz quite a bit so it's important to make sure that the bucket isn't too full.
Dip a clean cloth or sponge into the solution and wipe down any plastic moldings and metal.
Wipe all of the interior areas with a clean dry cloth to absorb excess moisture.
Sprinkle baking soda over the upholstery liberally. The baking soda will help to absorb odors out of the upholstery and out of the air.
Vacuum up the upholstery in the morning.
- Leave the windows cracked to allow air flow throughout the car if the weather permits.
Items you will need
- Shop vac
- White vinegar
- Baking soda
- Clean cloth or sponge
- Are stars living organisms
- What is missing in the Yacht Industry
- How does Adobe treat its employees
- How did you overcome your weaknesses
- What are the uses of Garcinia cambogia
- What is the best threaded comment system
- Were you happy about being fired
- What is corporate tax exemption
- Who is Mrs Potts in Avengers Endgame
- What would happen if tipping was outlawed
- What is a photo gallery
- Does smoking cannabis make you more social
- Do you believe in miracles and saints
- What is your favorite military uniform
- Why is Modi an Indian nationalist