Wood carving companies and sculptors from Italy
Hand-carved pieces of art – Religious and modern statues and sculptures of sculptors and wood carving companies from Val Gardena in Italy in the Dolomites
The craft of sculpture and wood carving in Val Gardena – when tradition embraces art
The art of wood carving in Val Gardena in Italy has been a tradition for centuries. At the beginning of the 17th century the artistic wood carving arised as a result of the modestly attempt to secure an additional income by carving wooden tools for the house and the farm.
Pioneers of this handicraft were principally decoration sculptors who decorated picture frames and the boxes for pendulum clocks. But soon the wood carvers turned to more ambitious themes, creating religious works of art that made the craftmanship and skillfulness of the sculptors of Val Gardena far beyond the border of South Tyrol famous. Nowadays, in addition to religious pieces of art, especially secular or purely decorative and abstract art is created.
Religious, secular and modern pieces of art of high quality from Val Gardena
The sculptors from Val Gardena attach great importance to the use of selected materials in order to guarantee the best possible quality and authenticity of their sculptures. The sculptors realize their artwork both in meticulously and precise manual work as well as in machine work.
Here you will find the addresses of the best wood carvers in Val Gardena.
Their works of art range from religious motifs such as figures of saints, crucifixes, statues of Madonna, angels, nativity figures, cribs, Stations of the cross, to secular motifs such as figures of children, animals and portraits. Individual wood sculptures are also available on request.
Certified handicraft – purely hand-carved sculptures
In contrast to machine-made wooden sculptures, the woodcarvings made entirely by hand, are provided with a metal badge from the chamber of commerce of Bolzano. This trademark guarantees completely handmade wood carvings.
UNIKA art exhibition
UNIKA stands for uniqueness, for unique pieces of art of this traditional craftwork. The art fair in Val Gardena takes annually place in summer in Ortisei. Hand-made wooden works of art from various artists and wood sculptors from Val Gardena can be admired at the fair.
- Do liars deserve to be lied to
- How unique is Indian philosophy
- What makes you worthwhile
- Orange is the new black 5
- What is meant by source resistance
- Are hair products harmful for hairs
- Will you ever leave San Jose
- What sheep breeds are used for meat
- What is compact heat exchanger
- Why are certain frameworks considered heavy
- What are some common interview questions
- How has losing your child affected you
- What are beautiful arts of India
- What factory makes proper cloth shirts
- What devices currently Mar 2013 support AllJoyn
- Can you use Gatorade to inject crack
- What are the most useful apps Why
- What other animals camouflage